How would you feel if a waft of foul dragon breath almost nauseates you while talking to someone? If the breath is coming out of the person on the other side, there is a vain chance of at least complaining.
However, if the foulness emits from your mouth, you will end up losing your face. What is even worse, your chronic bad breath issue might be a matter of gossip among your circle and beyond.
Is bad breath treatment possible? Of course, if you have proper oral hygiene and follow a proper diet, the chance of getting chronic bad breath is really low. However, there can be some external issues that often lead to temporary foul breath problems, which if not treated accordingly, can bug you for long.
Halitosis –What It Is
Halitosis is the medical terminology for bad breath and it is a chronic issue faced by approximately 25 percent of people i.e. one out of every four people on a global scale. Although the reason behind this is improper oral hygiene in majority, but, certain temporary health conditions, consumption of liquor, tobacco, fast food and even certain medications can lead to foul breathing issues.
The food particles or residue of what you consume, remain in your mouth for long until you brush or even after that if you are not thorough enough. The particles thus left in teeth cavities and mouth are broken down by bacteria in mouth, thereby producing sulfur compounds that are pungent. In either case i.e.
Chronic or temporary, Halitosis treatment is not at all complicated as hydrating your mouth, daily brushing and flossing while following a proper diet will help you get rid of the foul breath.
Why Do You Breathe Like A Dragon?
So, now that you are thinking about what causes Halitosis, there are some common reasons that directly trigger the odor problems –
If you ask which foods cause halitosis, there will be two main vegetables i.e. garlic and onion. Food rich in protein such as fish and meat and those with low carbohydrate, sweets, as well as coffee are some of the common food and beverage items that can lead to bad breath as the residue remain in the teeth and tongue.
Also, once digested, these broken down nutrients are carried by blood to lungs, thereby affecting the breath.
Bad breath with keto diet is evident when you indulge in too frequent fasting or too much consumption of low-carbohydrate and high fat food products.
Ketones are produced after the fats present in the food gets dissolved or broken down –these have strong and foul smell. This condition is called ketoacidosis.
Also, taking illegal drugs, oily fast food, sweetened beverages, chewing gums etc are part of crash diet and cause halitosis.
Bad oral or dental hygiene is one of the major bad breath causes as all over the world, around 80 percent halitosis cases are related to oral issues.
From gum disease to bacterial infection, cavities to unclean dentures –there are a number of causes behind a foul smell emanating from our mouth.
If you do not brush daily, wash your mouth or floss after consuming food, plaques can form by bacteria and cause bad breath.
Bad breath and dry mouth are quite synonymous because it is the lack of saliva secretion in mouth that creates odor.
Saliva acts as a natural cleanser and if you often get bad breath or dry mouth, especially after waking up everyday, there is high chance that you have xerostomia where mouth gets dry naturally with odor.
Obviously, you can have alcohol without bad breath but excessive consumption takes toll on your liver, heart and kidneys, which lead to foul breathing issues in future.
Besides, not washing your mouth after heavy drinking or acid reflux in body after drinking will trigger smelly breath.
To get rid of the smell of tobacco smell, avoiding smoking can be a good idea but people often get bad breath after quitting smoking.
This is because the effect of tobacco consumption is quite long-lasting if you have been a chainsmoker once. The yellowish layer on teeth and tongue remains even after quitting smoking and causes halitosis.
For bad breath medicine can be one of the prevalent reasons because many such drugs make the mouth dry, thereby inducing Halitosis.
Besides, chemotherapy drugs, angina medications that contain a great amount of nitrates, tranquilizers like phenothiazine and digestive drugs lead to smelly breath.
Vitamin supplements if taken in heavy dose can often cause bad breath.
Bacterial Infection In Mouth, Throat And Nose
Bad breath in kids is often caused by the presence of any foreign body such as microbes, cosmetics and small particles stuck in the nasal cavity.
Those who have sinusitis, running nose from allergies, infection in mouth or formation of bacteria-infested stones on tonsils and inflammation in nose, mouth or throat, often suffer from Halitosis.
Can Existing Diseases Result In Halitosis?
Apart from the above-mentioned common causes of bad breath there are certain medical conditions that might give you a smelly breath –
- If you have bad breath and diabetes, this is because your blood sugar level tends to fluctuate abruptly.
- In diseases like common cold, flu, influenza and fever and also after postnasal drip, you are subjected to experience mucus buildup and therefore, halitosis.
- Lung diseases like asthma and aspiration pneumonia cause infection or swelling in your lung. From inhaling saliva, food particles, liquids and vomit, the airways often get clogged or infected.
- Can bad breath be a sign of cancer? Yes, certain cancers like lung cancer, mouth cancer, esophagus cancer etc cause smell in breath.
- In case of bowel obstruction and frequent vomiting, your breath will have a feces-like smell.
- Long term Bronchiectasis will make your airways turn wider than normal and allow mucus buildup leading to bad breath
How Do You Know You Have Bad Breath?
As your mouth and nasal cavity are connected internally, often those suffering from halitosis issues get a whiff about the foulness of their breath, especially after waking up.
However, not everyone is aware of how their own breath smells unless someone shows sign of being repelled or cringed.
While it is not possible to ask a stranger about your bad breath problems out of embarrassment, you can always ask a close friend or family as they will tell you frankly while being supportive.
If you do not find anyone to assess halitosis symptoms, do it yourself. Do not get repelled –just lick your wrist and let it dry. Smell afterwards and if it smells bad, it means you have bad breath symptoms.
Also, look out for signs like people not coming close to you while talking, people making faces or covering their noses while in conversation or even change in their friendly behavior.
Diagnosing Bad Breath
The accurate way to diagnosing and treating halitosis is to visit a dentist who can smell the breath of yours to understand whether you have halitosis or not.
They often scrape the backside of your tongue to smell the scrapping area to understand the source of this smell. Apart from this, there are a few medical testing to determine the odor of your breath –
- BANA Test –this test will measure the amount of certain enzyme that is produced by the bacteria causing halitosis.
- Halimeter –to determine the low level of sulfur, this test is conducted
- Beta-galactosidase Test –the beta-galactosidase enzyme is often found to be the correlating reason behind bad breath and the test will determine the enzyme synthesis level properly
- Gas Chromatography –With this test, the odor causing sulfur compounds like hydrogen sulfide, dimethyl sulfide and methyl mercaptan, which are volatile in nature, are measured.
How Bad Breath Or Halitosis Can Affect The Peace In Your Life
The symptoms of halitosis can often affect your social, as well as personal life. Here are the most common ways by which bad breath can disrupt your lifestyle –
- Your work life gets hampered, especially if your job needs frequent interaction with colleagues, bosses and customers.
- Bad breath in babies will make people not wanting to adore the kids and even behave rashly towards them or ignore them.
- Halitosis in school and college going kids might lead to bullying from other insensible classmates
- You will lose confidence in interacting with people and your relation with close ones might get affected
- You will not feel like going out, visiting shops or other places and suffer in loneliness
- Chronic bad breath and rejection from people often cause mental issues like anxiety, stress, depression, borderline personality disorder etc.
Can You Get Rid Of Odor In Mouth? How?
By all means, remedies for bad breath are there. All you need is to come out of your shell, address your bad breath issues and consult a doctor or try halitosis home remedies.
Cure Halitosis At Home
Due to low budget and often awkwardness, people tend to seek home remedies for halitosis. They are –
- Enhance your oral care routine.
- Clean your tongue with scraper to get rid of layers
- Use halitosis mouthwash or use products like Bad Breath Free Forever
- Floss regularly, if possible daily after having dinner
- Use toothpaste for bad breath and brush at least twice daily
- Use Mouth sprays after having food and before talking to anyone
- Address your diet issues and consume healthy low-fat food
- To avoid Halitosis medication that are not necessary, drugs, sweet beverages, alcohol, tobacco etc should be avoided
- Address your health issues like cancer, liver issues, kidney problems, xerostomia etc that cause bad breath
Cure Halitosis With The Help Of A Doctor
A halitosis home remedy may not always be fruitful if it is a chronic issue and have a long-lasting effect.
Therefore, it is better to take help of a professional i.e. a dentist and also a dietician if it is improper diet that is causing that bad breath. A doctor will –
- Tell you the proper mouthwash for bad breath
- Treat any dental issues like cavity, swollen gums etc that cause the smell
- Prescribe you a suitable toothpaste for bad breath
- Rate the foulness in your breath and find the root cause
- Refer you to other specialists if the bad breath is caused by some inherent diseases
- Tell you which food and beverage to take
- Assure you that halitosis is nothing to be ashamed of and can be treated easily
Bad Breath Free Forever –How Can It Help?
An ultimate cure for halitosis, our tailored product Bad Breath Free Forever is an affordable and effective option to put a full stop to the stinky breath for ever. What makes it so special?
- It is produced from 100 percent organic and natural products
- It addresses your halitosis causes and eradicate them in the root
- All the ingredients are tested properly and proved to prevent odor
- Shows you how oral hygiene, especially gum problems induce halitosis
- Tells you about the food you take daily or frequently and why you should avoid them
- Tells you about the food items that you can replace with the existing food items in your diet
- Gives a chart of the food items that will help you clean the teeth and cure bad breath
- Provides a natural remedy of the gum issues, thereby preventing foul smell
- Reveals the causes and cures for bad breath while instructing you how to check the symptoms by yourself without asking others
- Contains the natural extracts of the two exotic lesser known super fruits that fights the halitosis causing bacteria and gives a fresh smell to your mouth
- A fresh smelling, homemade and delicious cocktail created from the natural ingredients for destroying bacteria and curing bad breath.
So, if you are still pondering over why choose bad breath free forever, worry no more as our product will eradicate bad smell and harmful bacteria while saving you from embarrassment.
Order our product now at a pocket-friendly price and get your social life and confidence back.
What is more, you will get some free of cost bonus! Hurry now and get a fresh start without halitosis.